- Timothy J. Conlon is an experienced divorce attorney in Providence, Rhode Island...
Providence Hidden Assets Attorney
Sadly, there are too many divorces, in which one spouse deliberately hides assets from the other. Discovering these assets — bank accounts, overseas real estate, trust funds — can be a very difficult process. In many cases, a divorce is finalized without one spouse ever knowing the assets existed.
At TJC ● ESQ, we are experienced in finding hidden assets in divorce. We use many methods, including electronic discovery. To find out more, contact our Providence office by calling 401-441-5858 or toll free at 866-415-6041.
How Assets Are Hidden
Locating marital property that is not clearly identified or known to parties is important in accurately dividing a marital estate. Ways in which an individual can hide or undervalue assets in divorce are:
- Use of false documents
- Undisclosed assets (retirement accounts, trusts, etc.)
- Undervaluing business assets
- Holding property in the hands of a third party
- Overseas bank accounts, real estate, or investments
There are numerous ways in which an individual can hide assets in divorce. That is why it is so important to work with a lawyer who is familiar with the many ways in which people avoid disclosing important financial information in divorce. Our goal is to put our clients on equal legal footing with their spouse, so the divorce is finalized fairly and equitably.
Discovering Undisclosed Assets
At TJC ● ESQ, we use a variety of techniques to discover hidden assets:
- Electronic discovery — Whenever digital technology is used, an electronic trail is left. We are experienced in utilizing technology to discover any financial information not disclosed.
- Cross-referencing bank and financial records
- Analyzing credit card accounts
- Checking legal documents used in the sale of real estate or other property
Every case has unique considerations. Our firm's attorneys will customize their approach to handling your case. Even if you are unaware of property owned by your spouse, we will use the means necessary to accurately investigate your case.
To find out more about discovering hidden assets in divorce, contact our law firm by calling 401-441-5858 or toll free at 866-415-6041.