CONTESTED DIVORCE LAWYER IN RHODE ISLAND
Work Toward a Favorable Resolution: 401-400-4254
If you are involved in a contested divorce in Rhode Island, it is critical to have a lawyer in your corner who will provide you with effective advocacy. At TJC • ESQ, we have more than 30 years of experience serving clients with high-quality representation from the beginning to end of their divorce process. With offices all across the state, we make it as convenient as possible for you to see us.
Along with Rhode Island divorce attorney Angelina Landi, who also practices family law in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Attorney Conlon helps clients resolve their legal problems, inside and outside of the courtroom. Utilize our cutting-edge solutions and in-depth experience resolving complicated divorce conflicts.
Learn how we can help during a private case evaluation.
Personalized Counsel for Complex Divorces
At our divorce law firm, we get involved in your divorce case when other attorneys will not. We are able to attend contested hearings for you and stand by your side through the entire process. You will never feel alone because we are here for you every step of the way.
We assist in all areas of divorce, including:
- Custody and visitation
- Spousal support and child support
- Psychological issues involved in divorce
- Property division
- Adoptions and guardianships
Electronic discovery is a very important part of your divorce. Using our sophisticated technology, we are able to scan e-mails, conduct computer forensics analyses, and uncover any hidden assets. We use these skills to your advantage and achieve your goals at all stages of the divorce process.
Alternative Solutions to Contested Divorce
By most legal professional’s standards, and those of the average person, a contested divorce is not an ideal way to go about the dissolution of a marriage. Heated arguments, hours spent in a courtroom, and a generally reported feeling of dissatisfaction at the end of the proceedings are all reasons why you may be trying to think of ways to avoid a contested divorce. There is no way to guarantee that your divorce will be uncontested, but there are a few tactics you can try first to avoid the biggest complications or obstacles.
Two of the most popular alternatives to a divorce include:
- Divorce mediation: In a traditional divorce, you will find two parties pitted against one another, each one represented by a divorce lawyer. If you use mediation, a single family law attorney will act as the middle ground and middleman for each spouse. Rather than engaging in a courtroom battle, you will settle your dispute in a conference room. This will typically save everyone time and money, as you do not have to wait or pay for the court’s attention.
- Collaborative divorce: Similar to mediation, collaborative divorce attempts to resolve a divorce’s major issues before the court ever has to get involved. Instead of one family law attorney sitting in the middle, each spouse will retain their own divorce lawyer, who will be encouraged to work together, or collaboratively, with the other to find a solution that benefits all parties. If you want a collaborative divorce to succeed, you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse must both approach the situation with the intent to cooperate.
Complicated Property Division & Business Valuations
Property division is a complicated part of any divorce and needs to be handled with utmost care; often people will not feel the stress of their divorce, or see it as “real”, until they are faced with the possibility of losing some of their most prized possessions.
Property that could be divided in a divorce includes:
- Real estate
- Savings accounts
- Family heirlooms
We analyze all of your marital and separate property, uncover hidden assets and properly value all items that you and your spouse have owned. We conduct a thorough investigation to help ensure that you have post-divorce success. From business valuations to appraisals on property, we have the technology and experience required to ensure your rights are protected.
Working Hard to Meet Your Family’s Legal Needs
Our extensive experience with family law matters can give you the confidence you need during this challenging time in your life. Our Rhode Island divorce lawyers can make every effort to be available to you no matter where you are located in the state. If it is more convenient for you to meet via Skype, iChat or other communication methods, we can accommodate those needs as well.
Please contact us for more information about how we can help you.
TJC • ESQ is now a part of Burns & Levinson, one of the largest and most respected family law firms in the nation. Learn more.