Parental Rights And DCYF Matters
Providence DCYF Attorneys: (401) 216-4414
In Rhode Island, the Department for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) investigates complaints regarding abuse or neglect of children by parents and caretakers. The Department can “indicate” or “unfound” a complaint, and provide services without Court intervention. A person aggrieved by Departmental action can appeal, first, within the Agency and then to the courts. Not all cases end at the administrative level.
The courts can be involved when:
- The DCYF can file abuse or neglect charges that are non-criminal in nature. These go to the Family Court, and are intended to assist and protect the child, preserving the family if possible.
You are entitled to retain counsel for assistance at each stage of these proceedings. At TJC ESQ, our Providence DCYF lawyers have assisted parents, foster parents, and pre-adoptive parents in dealing the DCYF and the Rhode Island Family Court at every stage, and brought the first case establishing an appeal from a DCYF finding to the Family Court. Often we can assist you in securing service, even when the DCYF is involved and charges are filed.
Safeguard Your Parental Rights: Call (401) 216-4414
If you have been contacted by the DCYF, and you want assistance in connection with an investigation, or if the Department is already involved and you have questions, our lawyers can meet with you and discuss your options and your rights.
At TJC ESQ, we provide clients with:
- 24/7 electronic access to case papers
- Over 30 years of proven results and experience
- Commitment to delivering results
- Personalized advocacy through every step
Contact us online and let us put our experience to work for you.