Representing Military Members And Their Spouses Throughout A Divorce
Many components of a military divorce are similar to any other dissolution of marriage. When one or both spouses serve their country, however, there can be additional complications.
At TJC • ESQ, we are proud to assist members of our military. To show our support for military members, we provide a discount on our services to active duty military members. This is our way of giving back to those who serve our country.
With over 30 years of experience, we represent individuals based in Rhode Island and legal residents of Rhode Island who are stationed or may be transferred elsewhere. We leverage our sophisticated representation, state-of-the-art technology and considerable resources to pursue an efficient resolution.
Sound Guidance Throughout A Wide Array Of Issues
We help divorcing military couples reach resolution on key issues, including:
- Child custody. We can guide you through pursuing joint or sole custody, as well as working out a visitation schedule that suits your duties.
- Child relocation. This is a common issue when one or both spouses are service members. We will pursue or challenge the relocation of your children.
- Child support. While you may only be stationed in Rhode Island, you and your spouse must adhere to the state’s predetermined child support guidelines.
- Property and asset division. We will assist in pursuing a fair division of all marital property, including military pensions, benefits and more.
- Spousal support. While not warranted in every divorce, we will assist whether you seek spousal support/alimony or wish to avoid paying it.
Resolution of these issues and more can significantly affect the future of you and your children. We protect your long-term interests and prioritize your concerns.
The Advantage We Provide To Members Of Our Military
To show our support for military members, we provide a discount on our services to active duty military members. This is our way of giving back to those who serve our country.
Our cutting-edge, sophisticated technology can also benefit service members who may be unable to continually request updates over the phone or in person. We use an online client portal that allows our clients to access their case papers at any time of the day on an internet-enabled device. This allows you to review updates on your case on your own time and communicate with us in real time.
Speak With A Knowledgeable Lawyer
Get an experienced attorney on your side to protect your future and family. Contact our Providence office to schedule an initial consultation and learn about our military discount. Call us at 401-400-4254, or email us.
TJC • ESQ is now a part of Burns & Levinson, one of the largest and most respected family law firms in the nation. Learn more.